Dr. Kroum Dimitrov
“Trust Your care to the Specialists in Jaw Surgery and Robotic Dental Implant Reconstruction”
Dr. Kroum Dimitrov is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who’s grandmother was the first female Oral Surgeon in Bulgaria. He compassionately lives by her example of never turning patients away, regardless of their social or financial status. He learned from her that a healthcare professional must care about others above all else. By the time he was in Middle School, he knew he wanted to be an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
“I came to the United States for the best education, and I am resolved to carry on my grandmother’s legacy of helping patients, from all walks of life, achieve health, beauty, and happiness.”
Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, Dr. Kroum Dimitrov moved to the United States with the singular motivation to obtain the best training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
After graduating magna cum laude with honors from the University of Massachusetts, he earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the University of Connecticut. Dr. Kroum Dimitrov completed a residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Miami School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital.
He served as a chief resident and was awarded the prestigious Professor’s Cup Award upon graduation. The award is granted to the Chief Resident who exemplifies the most professor-like qualities including excellent surgical skills, academic achievement, compassionate patient care, and leadership. Dr. Kroum Dimitrov’ s academic and surgical accomplishments represent his true determination and dedication to provide excellent oral and facial care to all his patients.
Dr. Kroum Dimitrov’ s clinical specialties are:
- Anesthesia, General and IV Conscious Sedation
- Robotically Assisted Dental Implant Surgery, Including Zygomatic Implants
- Wisdom Teeth Management and Exposure of Impacted Canine Teeth
- Extractions and Other Oral Surgeries
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and Facial rejuvenation with Botox, Fillers, Implants and Laser
- Corrective Jaw Surgery
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Facial Injury/Trauma Surgery
- 3D Cone Beam Guided Surgery
- Oral, Head and Neck Pathology
Dr. Kroum Dimitrov is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and National Dental Board of Anesthesia. He is certified in General Anesthesia/Deep Sedation, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Basic Life support (BLS).
Dr. Kroum Dimitrov maintains active membership at:
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS),
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery(AACS),
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology(ADSA)
- American Dental Association(ADA).